What’s it all about?
This type of lesson is perfectly suited for those who are complete beginners or intermediate surfers looking to improve their skills further with individually tailored coaching.
In addition to teaching the technique and skill of surfing, we also place a great emphasis on water awareness.
Depending on your current level we can work on specific areas that you would like to improve:
- Catching unbroken waves.
- Paddling techniques
- Standing up (popping up)
- Learning specific surfing etiquette.
- Basic manoeuvring techniques such as turning left and right.
- General ocean awareness.
- Practice training exercises.
- Expertly tailored tuition from our experienced instructors with skills analysis and feedback.
- Ocean and beach safety talk
- All equipment provided – Surfboard, wetsuit, accessories.
- Lots of exercises, a brilliant laugh and lots of memories!
What do I need to bring?
A towel, swimwear, sun cream if it is sunny (please be sunny!) and yourself!
- We were the very first surf school in Northern Ireland, the original!
- Taught over 20,000 people how to surf right here in Portrush!
- Awards include winning Trip Advisor’s ‘Certificate of Excellence’ six years in a row as well as making the ‘Hall of Fame’ every year too.
- ‘Best Family Activity Provider in N.Ireland’ at the OutdoorNI awards three years in a row.
Be Coached By The Best
Our team of surfing instructors and lifeguards have over 50 years of combined surfing and water experience. We have a simple philosophy, be safe and have fun, it works! By providing the right foundations, top quality instruction and excellent equipment, all our students can begin their journey of developing into capable surfers.
Having the proper equipment is essential to progress in any sport – especially when it involves getting in the ocean. The biggest mistake beginner surfers make is learning to surf on boards designed for an advanced surfer – this only leads to frustration and disappointment. You don’t get handed a Formula 1 car on the day you pass your driving test!
Let’s be honest, the main reason we are all out in the water is to have as much fun as possible and have the best chance of surfing a wave to the shore. We carefully buy only the best equipment designed to make surfing as easy and as fun as possible.
Our surfboards, whether you are renting surfing equipment or going for a surfing lesson are large and buoyant, this means they are as stable as possible when catching waves – don’t get too cocky though as having wipe-outs are a guarantee!
We also fit every student with an all-year-round winter wetsuit to ensure they can thoroughly enjoy their lesson whilst being warm and comfortable. If you are learning to surf in the colder months you will also get wetsuit boots and gloves.
So, what are you waiting for? Book your Portrush surf lesson with Alive Adventures now.
Alive Adventures is situated at West Strand Car Park in Portrush offering immediate access to one of the best surfing spots on the North Coast as well as free parking.
Location: West Bay Beach, Portrush.
Duration: One hour
All of the activities at Alive Adventures can be booked using a voucher. Why not purchase one for a friend or family member to mark a special occasion. Our vouchers have no expiry date, giving you peace of mind and the flexibility of booking whenever you like. Gift vouchers can be used for surfing, kayaking, paddleboarding, bodyboarding, ebike rental, kids surf camp or a private 1-2-1 lesson and are easily redeemed online. If you have any questions regarding vouchers, please do not hesitate to contact us and we will be sure to get back to you.